Thursday, January 27, 2011

44 DTG-Mock Up, Take 3

I took in the side seams by 1 size (by another 5/8") and took in the hip an additional 1/4".  1/4" on each side of the fabric that makes up the seam = 1/2" off each side, which is a whole additional inch off the garment (there's 2 side seams).

The right, blue line is the original seam, the left pencil line
shows how I tapered to kick it in another 1/4" (1/2" total") taking
in the hip

Now I've got the waist and bust touching in the back, and still have some major overlap at the hip.  I worry that this doesn't leave enough play.  But I'm going to correct the hip overlap first and proceed from there.

I've taken in another 1/2" of each side of the bottom part of the seams between pieces 4 and 7, which is an inch off each side so 2 inches total.  And there's still about an inch of overlap at the hip in the back.

So now I'm concentrating on the seam between pieces 6 and 7 because this angles out severely on the bottom portion as well and I'm trying to tame in those flares.  Apparently, I'm not as hourglass shaped as I used to be.  Ahem.

6  -  7  -  4  -  3  -  2  -  9 (center)  -  2  -  3  -  4  -  7  -  6
Here's the corset laid out.  You can see where the bottom flares out
to accomodate wide hips.  I've taken in the bottom of the 4 - 7 seam twice
and still need to take in more so I'm looking at the outer most seams

I've penciled in where I'll pull in the left side of piece 7 to get rid of some of the overlap

I want to leave the width of piece 6 and just pull in the kicked out of piece 7, so I will need to get out my favor sewing tool: The Seam Ripper.  I'll undo my stitches, from about the match up arrow down, trim off the 1/2" from piece 7 and re-sew the seam.  On both sides, of course.




To Do List

  • Proceed with stitching together lining according to pieces now that I've made changes
  • Add boning to mock-up lining
  • Stitch together lining and outer layer
  • Thread ribbon through where the grommets should be to get the lacing affect
  • Try on and see how much play I have if any
  • Make adjustments if necessary
  • Proceed to The Real Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment