Friday, February 25, 2011

15 DTG-The Skirt, Lining

Let's review what pieces I'm working with for the skirt lining:


Lining Layer (Under Layer of the Stay) - Lining

  • 11 - Side stay (cut twice to equal 4 total pieces)
  • 12 - Front stay
  • 13 - Back stay

First, I stitch together pieces 11 - 12 - 11 to make the front half of the skirt.

Front half:  11 - 12 - 11


To make the back half, I stitch the 2 piece 13s up to the large circle.  The gap in the remainder of this seam is where the zipper will go later.


Next is joining the other set of piece 11s to the outsides of the joined pieces 13. 


I end up with 11 - 13 - 13 - 11


Now, I join the back to the front, essentially joining both piece 11s to the other set of piece 11s.  In the end I'll end up with a circle of:


11 - 12 - 11
/                \
11                11
\               /
13  -  13



I try this on for fit at the waist and over my petticoat to see if the angles of the skirt are full enough.

Assembled lining with my petticoat on

And I fall in love with my dress all over again!!  I'm so excited that it works and is coming together!

To Do List

  • Cut out rest of taffeta pieces
  • Assemble taffeta pieces
  • Join lining and taffeta
    • zipper
    • waistband
    • hem (horse hair)
  • Cut pieces from organdy
  • Assemble organdy layer
  • Finish skirt details

1 comment: