Tuesday, February 15, 2011

27 DTG-Petticoat


Well, if I've done nothing over the past few days, at least I got a petticoat on order.  I'll need it to properly hem the skirt, since adding fullness also adds inches to the diameter.  I ended up choosing a HUGE 6-hoop crinoline with 2 overlayers of tulle from a manufacturer out of Georgia (BridalCrinoline on eBay).  I paid a little bit more for it compared to other sites, but it's domestic and, more importantly, they do have an exchange/return policy.  Most places I looked don't due to the nature of the bridal/prom business where people wear and then return.  >:-|




So yes, this is THE BIGGEST petticoat I can possibly get.  But it's adjustable.  By removing the largest hoop (or largest 2 hoops even), I can make it not as poofy, so there's future versatility (can we say Civil War re-enactments anyone?).  Or if it's absolutely wrong, I can exchange it within 7 days of receipt for a non-hooped, super-full one.  And where I had previously worried about the hassle of transporting a petticoat (and planned to avoid it), the crinoline lines are removable and collapsible into my suit case.

It should arrive by Feb 23.  I'll be able to tell at first glance if it's too much and needs to go back or if it's workable.  An exchange would be pushing it schedule wise, but welcome to over-thinking things.

My $3 Splurge

Completely random:  I noticed when doing Ashley's Alterations that many of my pins are dulling.  I've had them for over 15 years, so no wonder.  It didn't show when I was working with the cotton for the mock up, but they were making things difficult with the finer material of her dress.  So I bought myself some new, metallic ones in pretty colors.  Including lavender.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment