Tuesday, February 22, 2011

23 DTG-Shopping

I got out of the house a bit tonight by making a run to Michael's for some shopping to get somethings off the To Do List.

I did find a roll of ribbon to potentially use to lace up the back of the corset.  I'm not 100% sold on it.  I feel like I'll know once I see it threaded in the finished product.  It's a 5/8" wide, sheer, metallic silver, which was hard to find without any wire edging, but this one doesn't have any.

I also started collecting a variety of beads.  Some I can use to hand bead along the top edge all around the corset and the rest I intend to make into the center medallion piece.  I tried to stick to mostly silver, glass and crystaline varieties, but I couldn't resist some of the lavender and tanzanite swarovski crystals to mix in.

Once I got home, I did some online research for beading patterns that I might be able to utilize in technique to build a diamond-esque or star shape.


I'll have to fiddle with figuring what exactly I want once the corset is off to mom and the skirt is well on it's way to being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment